ARH Associates is actively seeking a talented, energetic technology minded individual for an Entry Level GIS Specialist position in our GIS Department, Civil Solutions (CS), for immediate employment at our headquarters in Hammonton, NJ.
The GIS Specialist will report to the VP of Geospatial Services and support both our internal and external clients. This position will support a wide variety of projects including local government, environmental permitting, engineering, site assessments/inspections and more. A successful candidate will work with various ARH/CS staff and dynamic project teams to deliver map production, data development/analyses to support successful project delivery.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize GIS techniques and software to assist project teams understand, interpret, visualize and report on geospatial data and feature relationships
• Work under general supervision to complete project tasks including data development, data analysis, data collection, map production, and similar tasks
• Perform tabular data management tasks, data entry, spreadsheet calculations and similar tasks
• Plan and conduct GIS work individually and through a project team
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Geosciences, Computer Science or related field (with demonstrated GIS course work)
• 0-5 years of GIS experience in development, mapping, visualization, analysis and reporting of geospatial data
• Working knowledge with Esri suite of desktop and online technology
• Working knowledge in the processing and analysis of raster and vector geospatial data
• Basic knowledge of cartographic design and production concepts and principles
• Understanding of relational database organization, design, and functionality
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate in both verbal and written form
• Can work productively in both independent and team environments
• Well-developed communication skills
• Comfortable in a dynamic work environment with ability to adapt to shifting priorities
• Able to research and problem solve independently
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
Salary will be based on experience, qualifications and potential value to our Team. Civil Solutions offers a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent performance-based opportunity for increased responsibilities, compensation and advancement. Civil Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.